Friday, October 3, 2008

Some good, some bad



I think I'm starting to get the hang of most things here. Which is good. Classes occupy most of my time during the week, which helps the time pass quickly. It's a nice change of pace from the first week when we had no classes and nothing to do and were bored all the time. I got my conversation partners this past week. They seem pretty cool, I'll be meeting them for lunch on Wednesday. Hopefully things go okay.



Mountain climbing is on for next weekend thus far. I'm pretty stoked.



My roommate and I bought track suits. We look like the Russian mafia. Terrifying I know.


I went out on an excursion today and found that lookout I tried to find a couple of posts ago. There are several shrines at the top. I took a panoramic picture from the top of the lookout. I'll post it sometime, I guess.

(That's it right there.)

Bad news time.

I got turned down for the Peace Corps. I don't have enough experience, so in this time of competition that can't consider my application further.

Balls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan!!!! This is Becky! I hope ur havin a great time in Japan! I'm just here doing boring schoolwork. :( I'm so jelous! u get to be in a whole different country! I miss u! Can't wait till u come back! and oh yeah! I'm still wondering if u wrote something like doofus on my hand before u left, even though u said u didn't!