Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Prodigal Son Returns

I know that it has been a while since I posted, but I was busy with school work and attempting to keep a journal about some of my experiences. It seems that you can only write about so many things without becoming tired of them.

I am currently sitting in Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, attempting to while away another...6 hours while waiting for the Delta Airlines counter to open up at 2 a.m. (my time). I have been here since around noon today, which means about 8 hours straight at this point. It is a rather disappointing airport from the standpoint of a traveler who wishes to stay here. There are no comfortable seats, wifi is a little sketchy, and the selection of restaurants is lacking. There are also no electrical plugs that I have found yet, and no lounge where a weary traveler could close his eyes for a few minutes in peace and quiet. Then again, what's another 6 hours when I've already killed 8 here?

With the program done, I can reflect on my experiences. It was a good program, and I made some good friends, but I am ready to return home to my family. Two months doesn't seem like so long until you live it. On a similar note, i am not looking forward to living Sunday twice. I like to live my days in succession, I'll thank you very much.

This is probably my last blog post from Thailand, since my battery won't last too terribly much longer, and I should probably attempt to find food. I will see you all soon enough.

UPDATE: I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport and my flight information has changed. It is now DL 2735 not whatever number I told you whenever that was.